Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday Options - 'Parents with a Passion'


The High Flyers have just started a 3 week programme where we have invited parents to lead a small group in an activity that they enjoy. We are lucky to have so many enthusiastic parents who have hobbies and passions that they love to share with others. Check out our poll to see what options we had to choose from and vote for the one that you would like to do it you had the chance!

This is a chance for kids and parents to tell us about their experiences during Friday Options. What did your group actually do, what did you enjoy, what are you looking forward to doing, and share something that you have learned.

We also have a small group of roving reporters putting together a short video presentation about our experiences, so look out for this coming your way soon.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I choose Arts and Crafts for my three week topic. In my group we are doing paper mache. First we had to get newspaper and tear it into strips, Then we had to blow up a balloon. We got glue from our parent and glued the strips on the balloon.I am so EXCITED! that I can't wait to go there again.

Anonymous said...

I chose cooking with Mrs Cook. We made chocolate chip muffins. They were yummy we gave one to Mr Price. Said they were yummy I learned how to make chocolate chip muffins.I made some with mrs cook and at home with my mum I might make in the weekends with my grandma because I am going to my grandmas . I can't wait to go and this time I am not going to forget my money. I don't know what I am making but I do know I am going to have a good time and with mrs cook.

Anonymous said...

Hello ROOM 8, .I liked your keyring that you made Josh. from Reiden .

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Hannah. I think Friday options are great fun. I chose recorder with Charlotte and Ashley. We have been learning hot cross buns and merry had a little lamb. It has been lots of fun. Only one more friday to go.

bbanah said...

Dear room 8 and others who desover our blog,
I've chosen art on canvas because I love art.In art on canvas we painted
and designed our own artistic pictures, Our art teacher/tutor is Anna, well I think so?on week 9(our 3rd options week)we are doing arty stuff because we've finished our canvas painting!!!Steps we done:

1.first we found a book that we liked and made a paper frame to show us which part in our book that we wanted to use on our canvas.

2.Then we drew the picture that we wanted on a scrap pice of paper.

3. We then coloured it in.

4. Now is the time that you find a canvas not to big not to small.

5. Now you draw you picture off your scrap pice of paper.

6. Now you paint you drawing the colours that you chose.

FROM Briearnah

Unknown said...

I did enjoy working with the kids in my group. It was great to share my passion/hobbie (beads), with them. They made it so easy too. Their wonderful behaviour and exitement made it a pleasure.

I wish I had time to take photo's of their final products...., you really did well.

Thank you for the oppertunity.
Ani de Koster