Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hi Room 8 - from Sydney


Hi Room 8. I'm having a great time in Sydney with Mr Thomas - and learning heaps too! Yesterday was a busy day traveling by road, air, train and boat!
We have spent a busy day checking out some of the local sights including the Sydney Opera House! Sydney is a very cool place, and we found out that it has about the same amount of people in it as the whole of New Zealand! On Tuesday, we are starting at the conference. We are looking forward to learning lots of new things and getting excited about what we can get up to at Selwyn Ridge.

Hey don't forget to get your permission slips back for our Big Day Out! And do we have enough transport for our class? Someone might want to check this out and make sure we are good to go!

Hey I would love to hear from you over the week, so please leave some comments on this blog letting me know what you're up to and I'll keep watching! Hope you're having a great week.

Yesterday I have learnt all about a new system for producing blogs and wikis in the school.  I am excited about giving this a go next year.  What do you think are the positives and negatives about blogging as part of our learning?

Last night we went on a cruise with all the people from the conference.  It was a rainy night, but the harbour in Sydney was amazing anyway.  We had to walk quite a long way to the boat, and it started to rain.  Luckily we found an umbrella dumped in a rubbish bin.  It was a little bit broken, but we didn't mind....it kept us dry until we got to the boat in Darling Harbour.

HI AGAIN....One of the places I have been is the Apple Store here in Sydney.  This is a really cool place where people who love apple computers come to hang out, buy stuff and sort out problems at the Genius bar.  The photo about was taken there on our first day.  We are back today and I thought I would show you this Simpsoms clip about it!




Mr Norrish



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Mr Norrish & Mr Thomas!!

Nicola & Vicky here, we are just testing the comment thingee to see if it works.

Hey, great photo!!!! haha!

Hope you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Norrish it great to hear from you it has been a busy day Liam found a weta on his bag and we did our planning for the recount
From Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi mr Norrish I hope you and mr Thomas are having fun in sydney.In the middle block at 11.20 for the week room 8 and the rest of the high flyers are doing dance!!We are having so much FUN



BYE

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin and Laura,
Great to hear from you. Finding a weta in Liam's bag must have been a little scary! They creep me out a little. I glad that you are having so much fun doing dancing. Once you get over being embarrassed, dancing can be really good!
We have just arrived at our conference, so are looking forward to finally getting into it.

Anonymous said...

HI Mr Norrish
Hope you're having a great time learning about ICT.
We're doing some writing at the moment and have recently written a recount. This morning we listened to a band that came from Auckland - they were amazing.
We all miss you and hope you're having fun.
Talk to you soon
From Room 8

Anonymous said...

Hi mr norrish
I hope you a having a great time in sydney.we have been doing lots of writing with Mrs nelson and it has been lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Simran,
Great to hear from you. I am flying back to NZ in the morning and am looking forward to see my kids and getting back to school on Monday. I am also looking forward to meeting my new class for next year and I bet you are too!
See you soon,

Kiwi Kids said...

Hi Room 8

I wasn't too sure where to leave my message so thought I would just put it in here seen as I have been reading about Mr Norrish and Mr Thomas' adventure in Sydney.

I just wanted to thank all of Room 8 for making this a fantastic year at Selwyn Ridge for our family.

I thoroughly enjoyed being a small part of your class family and thank you for letting me come on your awesome trip to Auckland. You all represented Selwyn Ridge very well.

You should all be proud of the year you have had as you have all been friendly, kind and hopefully you learnt a lot too.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and holiday and I look forward to seeing you around the school next year.

Well done

Jen (Tyler's Mum)