Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Gruffalo, by Julia Donaldson


This week we have been reading a book called The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.  I think this book is cool but there is one thing that I think is not so good.  The mouse in the story tells a lot of lies and I don't think that's good.  In the story he tells lies to three animals to try and not get eaten.  Tell me what you thought of 'The Gruffalo' and if you thought the mouse could have done something else rather than lie to avoid his problems.
By Laura

When I read this story I thought about the fables we have been reading which taught us that "Liars are not believed even when they tell the truth".  In 'The Gruffalo' the mouse got away with lying.  What do you think about this and could this ever backfire on the mouse?   Are there any times where it is ok for us to lie?
Mr Norrish

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mouse could of told the 3 animals that I am going for a bush walk to learn about some insects.

Anonymous said...

I think if there was a second story The Grufflo would get the mouse. I think that because he lied the Gruffalo would work it out and next time they met he would get eaten.
William

Anonymous said...

It is alright to lie on a surprise birthday.

Anonymous said...

I think the mouse should not lie because then three animals will know that he lied

Unknown said...

Hi there Room 8

I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you are up to. A funny thing happened today though. I visited a blog from Tamaki Primary School down the road from me in Auckland and discovered that they have a blog post about the same thing you do - the Gruffalo. Have a look at the movie their Year 2 class made...
http://tpsroom2.blogspot.com/2008/08/julia-donaldson-books.html
I wonder if you will like it?
Mrs Burt
Auckland

bbanah said...

I think that the Gruffalo could make friends with mouse and mouses friends. and mabe the Gruffalo could get a make over=)!!!

From Briearnah